<VV> Operation Corvair Christmas update

Secular rusecular at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 19 09:53:46 EST 2009

  This is NOT intended to discount the fine effort of those who have
  participated in this project !

  The web page states that:

  >> The cost of commercial transport is not a doable solution at this time...

  I checked the following:

  http://tinyurl.com/transport-fl-nj

  And there were several "5 star" transport companies which had quoted
  $550 for the route from Florida to New Jersey.

  10 folks, each contributing $50 or $60 bucks could have easily circumvented
  the insurance & road hazard nightmare which this project entails.

  The route (Gulf Breeze, Florida to NJ), insofar as distance at least, seems to be
  quite comparable with -- Houston, TX to Charlotte, NC -- and I had my 63 Spyder
  brought here for 500 bucks :)

  Tony I.