<VV> why constant newbie questions? corvair literature criticism

kenpepke at juno.com kenpepke at juno.com
Fri Nov 27 06:59:30 EST 2009

Hey Bob:
Yes, you are an author / writer and as such you are a man of words.  And you do a very good job with your books.  Not everyone is so blessed.  I will bet there some readers of your response that did not realize there is a difference between 'index' and 'table of contents.'  I am far from being a man of words so I recognize an index, while it may be the long way around, does provide help to those still struggling with the basics.

I observed years ago, most service manuals are written to a level of expertise to the point that a reader with the ability to understand the book probably does not need said book.  Your work has greatly helped bring the expertise requirement down to a more usable level for most.  Still, there are many Corvair enthusiasts that find a need for micro instructions hence the 'newbie' sounding questions.

Ken P

BobHelt at aol.com wrote:

Hi Ray,
I don't know the answers to all of your questions, but as an author, here's
 my take on things.

In a message dated 11/26/2009 6:39:00 A.M. Mountain Standard Time,