<VV> Reply... Subject: 64 Wagon

BBRT chsadek at comcast.net
Fri Nov 27 09:36:45 EST 2009

Mark,

I believe that the word "festooned" is rather offensive, IMHO.  To me it
implies gaudy paint, bling, odd-ball things that aren't supposed to be
there, like horns on a Cadillac, or chrome doodads, etc. Two-tone paint on
Smitty's wagon is non-stock but tastefully done, in very moderate subdued
colors. The interior as well, no outlandish designs or colors, but a quiet
dark colors.  As for the fender skirts. I presume you know they were
available as for early model cars? And during that time frame, hardly
considered garish. "Custom car" is a whole lot different than such an insult
as "festooned".

Furthermore, I feel such a derogatory comments were out of place on Virtual
Vairs.

No offense, mind you.

Chuck S