<VV> When is a '60 not a '60?

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 27 03:24:40 EST 2009

>There was a 1962 Corvair station wagon for sale on Ebay ...  But... it had a concave front panel between the headlights. Just like a 1960! Later I saw this car listed on Craigslist somewhere in Texas for less than the Ohio dealer wanted. Was the guy in Texas duped?

I'd say it might depend on whether or not it is a nice car worth the
price offered, not whether it is a specific model year or not unless you
specifically need such for a concours restoration or personal reasons,
and if so, I'd think one would already be informed on what that specific
car is or isn't .  Right here on this very list, a nice wagon bodied
project was offered a while back, all body work done, white paint, 1960
concave front panel modification -- maybe somebody bought it, finished
it, and sold it.  Being a 1960 guy, I was intrigued, but the
coast-to-coast shipping nixed even thinking about it.

Bill Strickland