<VV> Losing faith in mechanical fuel pumps

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 1 00:57:20 EDT 2010

So, I'm going back to the original question - with the responses up to now
in mind.

Please clarify: the pump was bought 2 years ago and recently (300 RECENT
miles ago) installed OR the pump was installed 2 years ago and has only seen
300 miles since then OR some other scenario took place?  Please advise.

My only personal experience with the "crappy" pumps of about 20 years ago
took place when I just happened to be at lclc's Vair Shop for another
reason.  The leak was discovered during other maintenance and Larry put his
last (in stock) pump on the car.  It leaked immediately - and worse than the
one that was removed.

My preferred pump is the original GM one - or secondly, the AC Delco one
(trying to avoid those of the horror period).  What brand is your pump?

Later, JR

CCE CORSA CORVANANTICS SCG member
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110
'65 Monza Convertible 4/140