<VV> Fw: Mechanical fuel pumps - leaks damage motor mounts ?

Tony Underwood tony.underwood at cox.net
Sun Aug 1 21:57:15 EDT 2010

At 03:49 PM 8/1/2010, Charles Lee wrote:
>How was the WD-40 used on the pump ?
>

> >> Can't answer that one with any certainty, but I HAVE seen WD40 bring a
> >> completely dead (original GM) pump back to life after 15 years of
> >> non-use.
> >> It powered the car from Chicago to Cedar Rapids and back without missing
> >> beat (and no leaks).

WD40 will do nothing at all to fix a cracked or split diaphragm.

It might possibly help soften up a dried out stiff diaphragm...

It WILL unstick a stuck valve block.   Shoot it liberally into the
fuel inlet opening, then shake it like you're mixing a vodka martini
for Commander Bond.    Don't forget to put your finger over the inlet
opening.

tony..