<VV> Fw: Mechanical fuel pumps - leaks damage motor mounts ?

deltainc deltainc at grm.net
Tue Aug 3 21:44:39 EDT 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tony Underwood" <tony.underwood at cox.net>
Subject: Re: <VV> Fw: Mechanical fuel pumps - leaks damage motor mounts ?

> At 03:49 PM 8/1/2010, Charles Lee wrote:
>>How was the WD-40 used on the pump ?
******
For many years, after winter storage, my Sears lawn motor pulsing fuel pump
demanded that I pop out the diaphram sheet and soak it in WD40 for 1/2 hour
or so... whereupon it would run all summer , but needed that treatment next
spring.  WD 40 was also good for emergency rejuvination of computer printer
ribbons on the old dot matrix ... remember those .. a little smudgy after
the treatment, but real real dark.

.....and of course, to do the Water Displacement trick on the distributor
cap and main coil wire after washing the vair engine at the local car
wash...

It is a horrible lubricant, I have ruined several 2 stroke engines using it
as a storage oil.  gall city.  Now I use ATF, Marvel Mystery, RemOil  ( gunj
stuff )... etc. etc.

reargards, ken campbell, all wet in iadohoe