<VV> Battery charger with 50 Amp "Engine Start" enough ?

Harry Yarnell hyarnell1 at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 2 19:14:11 EDT 2010

I'd be curious what a 50 amp charger really puts out steady state. I doubt
it would start a car with a dead battery.
Charging a battery at 50 amps isn't good; batteries like something in the
range or 4-10 amps steady state----for a long time (12 hours). Just the
nature of the beasts.
Trickle charging AFTER a full charge is an excellent way to maintain a full
charge over time.
The '66 Grand Prix won't start after a charged battery sits for six months,
idle. The '65 Coupe de ville fires happily for the same period with a
trickle charger the Grand Prix doesn't have.

Harry Yarnell
Perryman Garage and Orphanage
hyarnell1 at earthlink.net