<VV> Control Rod Removal

Byron Comp byron.comp at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 5 08:55:39 EDT 2010

Hi All,

In rebuilding the front suspension on my '64 Monza Vert. I've removed all the
various pieces and will be replacing just about everything except the Idler Arm.
The driver's side control rod (strut) came off fine and is in good shape. I
cleaned it up and will be replacing the original bushings, probably with the
high performance ones from Clark's. But I can't get the passenger's side arm
off, no way - no how. I've tried a breaker bar, air ratchet, everything I can
think of and that nut just won't budge. I don't have any source of heat at my
shop except a handheld plumber's propane torch - nothing big. Will that give me
enough heat to do any good?

Any suggestions?  Thanks,

Byron Comp
'64 Monza Vert.