<VV> Control Rod Removal

Rick Norris ricknorris at suddenlink.net
Thu Aug 5 09:13:43 EDT 2010

Byron,
Go to Homie D-pot or other store and buy a bottle of MAPP gas (yellow
canister) as it burns hotter than propane. Fits on your propane torch
equipment with no mods. I use it all the time and it will heat up your nuts
to red hot! DOH!

Rick Norris
#36 Sunoco Corvair
www.corvairalley.com

Hi All,

In rebuilding the front suspension on my '64 Monza Vert. I've removed all
the
various pieces and will be replacing just about everything except the Idler
Arm.
The driver's side control rod (strut) came off fine and is in good shape. I
cleaned it up and will be replacing the original bushings, probably with the
high performance ones from Clark's. But I can't get the passenger's side arm
off, no way - no how. I've tried a breaker bar, air ratchet, everything I
can
think of and that nut just won't budge. I don't have any source of heat at
my
shop except a handheld plumber's propane torch - nothing big. Will that give
me
enough heat to do any good?

Any suggestions? Thanks,

Byron Comp