<VV> OT: synth oil recommendation

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 18:57:43 EDT 2010

CJ, there are quite a few synthetic oils available now. I use Mobil 1
Extended Performance 5W-30 in my two modern cars. I use a 7500 mile Fram
filter also and change the oil once a year. Its good for 15K miles. It is
about 6 bucks more per 5 quarts, but because I change it every 15K miles,
its cheaper in the long run. I change the filter half way thru and it stays
nice and clean for the whole 15K miles. I know Fram isn't known to be the
best in the filter market, but these new extended range filters seem to
work. I check the oil regularily and it stays clean.

 Mark Durham