<VV> Restoration - DIY is $atisfying <-- one for Guinness !!!!!

Charles Lee Chaz at ProperProper.com
Sun Aug 8 17:15:09 EDT 2010

You should record that anomaly for Guinness (no, not the beer, but maybe
that too) !

I recently got estimates for a head gasket (non-Corvair) from $800 to $1500

The guy who wanted $1500 said he'd rather charge too much than nickel and
dime me later.

I asked him if he would charge less if it took less time, and he looked at
me like I was nuts, which of course I'd have to be to expect him to lower
the price after I agreed to his "logic" ?!?!?!?

He actually thought that logic would work ?  Does it ?  Maybe I'm in the
wrong business, since Barnum seems to have nailed it !

To paraphrase Barnum "It's bad business to allow fools to keep their money"
or more succinctly, "Fools are fair game" and Darwin was right !  (OK, that
was Spencer but that's another story)

Charlie