<VV> headers leak

Tony Underwood tony.underwood at cox.net
Sun Aug 8 22:30:20 EDT 2010

At 09:29 PM 8/8/2010, Ray \"Grymm\" Rodriguez wrote:
>Howdy folks,
>
>      Tonight I decided to track down the exhaust leaks I've been
> hearing since I put that used set of headers on my car last
> week.  It turns out they are leaking badly where they meet the
> heads on nearly every port.  I cleaned up the gasket surface on the
> headers pretty decently with a wire brush in a drill and used brand
> new graphite 140 seals (they are 140 heads).
>
>      I took a photo in case anyone needs to know what type they are
> in order to give advice on how to get them to seal properly.

Or... check with the vendors and get some soft aluminum
donuts.   They seal well and don't rattle loose or crush out and leak.

You usually can only use them once or maybe twice if lucky.

Got a set on the '69 140 with Crown headers and they're all that
would actually seal up without shaking loose and leaking.

tony..