<VV> 66 Monza Convertible Project, Part Deux

Gary Swiatowy gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com
Tue Aug 10 04:54:39 EDT 2010

Actually, the key is supposed to be the same for a glove box lock, and the
trunk lock.
But I have 3 Corvairs where that is no longer so because one of the locks
went bad.
Also, according to my local locksmith, who is really good at this.
He can make a key for the glovebox out of the trunk lock, but not a trunk
key out of the glovebox lock. For some reason, the glove box lock does not
have as many tumblers as the trunk lock, it is a much simpler mechanism, so
not entirely the same.
Headlight bezel and assembley will have to be removed.

Gary Swiatowy

And isn't the trunk key the same as the glove compartment? I forget. If you
 can get the glove compartment open and take the lock assembly to the
locksmith,  shouldn't a key made to open that, open the trunk?

Door and ignition one key, trunk and glove box the other? If that's wrong,
chime in!

Seth Emerson

C's the Day! -  Corvair, Camaro, Corvette
San Jose, CA