<VV> 66 Monza Convertible Project, Part Deux

Gary Swiatowy gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com
Tue Aug 10 04:46:53 EDT 2010

Did you ever hear of a slim Jim?
It's a tool specifically designed for unlocking locked cars.
There are several variations available.
It slides between the window and the window fuzzie and you catch the lock
rod or rod going to inside door handle to pop the door open.

Or you should be able to make a loop with the end of a hanger to slide
between the rear window seal and the front door glass to hook the lock.

As for getting a title.
That's a question to ask the local DMV.
Every state varies on requirements.
But most will accept a pencil rubbing of the VIN number and issue a
registration.
But check for specifics with the DMV, you probably can do a search on line
for this info as well.
I know for NY it is on the DMV website.

Gary Swiatowy

From: Karl Haakonsen <cityhawk at pobox.com>
Subject: <VV> 66 Monza Convertible Project, Part Deux

My first tech question.... it appears that I lost my key to the car over
the years. I was unable to jimmy either door open with a coat hanger
today. Any suggestions as to getting into the car?

Also, this may be a Massachusetts-specific question, but when I bought
the car, I had a hand-written bill-of-sale from the seller. I can't find
it. How best to get a title for the car?

Cheers,
Karl