<VV> Pay someone who has the skills- recent experience

deltainc deltainc at grm.net
Tue Aug 10 13:56:37 EDT 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: <frankcb at aol.com>

Subject: Re: <VV> Pay someone who has the skills- recent experience

> Joe,
>     That's why I recommend that as soon as you get back from the tire
> installers, jack up each wheel that was done, loosen up all the lugs and
> retighten them in sequencial stages to the CORRECT torque as advised in
> the owner's manual for the car.
Strangely, a couple of Toyotas of mine have had warped front rotors after
having new tires put on; it would seem that the lug nuts were tightened
either excessively, or not with rotational gentilitiy.  Too late to find out
after the brake pedal starts dancing around, but I always suspect the
combination of teen agers and an air wrench could be the problem.

Or maybe Toyotas just have sissy front brakes ... my other makes/several
cars never developed this problem ... yet ...

ken campbell, breaking down in Ioowa