<VV> Pay someone who has the skills- recent experience (Wimpy Brakes)

RoboMan91324 at aol.com RoboMan91324 at aol.com
Tue Aug 10 17:49:13 EDT 2010

Ken,

You are exactly right about the cause of warped brakes.  Incompetent so
called mechanics trying to get the job done too quickly.  As long as it rolls
OK going out the door, they can always shrug their shoulders and tell you
"Not my problem." when you bring it back.  Not to be a conspiracy theorist but
they may benefit from additional work done to correct the problem they
caused if you don't know better.  Can you say, ulterior motive?

As far as Toyota (and other) brakes being wimpy ... yes and no.  In the
perpetual search for ways to increase MPG, all manufacturers engineer all
components to save weight especially economy cars as long as it doesn't cause a
safety issue.  This weight reduction process includes thinner brake rotors.
Unfortunately, this process assumes that wheels out in the real world will
be mounted using the same exact methods they use in the manufacturing
process.  Obviously, this is not the case.

Doc
1960 Corvette; 1961 Rampside; 1962 Rampside; 1964 Spyder coupe; 1965
Greenbrier; 1966 Corsa turbo coupe; 1967 Nova SS; 1968 Camaro ragtop
In a message dated 8/10/2010 12:49:23 PM Pacific Daylight Time,