<VV> Unintended Acceleration

kenpepke at juno.com kenpepke at juno.com
Thu Aug 12 09:00:59 EDT 2010

I agree.  I have already told of the experience with our new 1975 Buick 455.  It happened so quickly that our first thoughts were we had been hit from the rear ... next was to avoid collision with the vehicles in front of us ... then to hit the brakes.
Ken P

Tom Berg <thesuperscribe at yahoo.com> wrote: [in part]

I think it's a temporary short in the complex circuitry in modern cars, and/or
stray electro-magnetic interference. Neither thing is easily traceable or
repeatable, leading to scoffing by experts and dismissal of drivers as fools.
Some of them are, but sometimes they're not.

--Tom in Ohio