<VV> mice and corvairs

Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez vairguy at echoes.net
Thu Aug 12 09:38:57 EDT 2010

My 2 cents on the subject is that mice can get into ANYTHING that isnt airtight!  Don't fool yourself, they can get into every part of your car early or late well maintained or not!  I was interested to hear they have been found in combustion chambers... I was thinking the other night about the fact that they might be able to squeeze in through the open valves.  Now I'm wondering if there were mice in the chambers of the 63' and if so if their remains did any damage now that I've run it.... the car sat in a barn for 27 years and there were mice in every other part of it!

So while we are on this subject I have seen at least one mouse in my garage late at night but I have two small dogs who are often around the shop so I have to be careful of anything that can harm them...  what options are available to me to protect my cars from mice moving in?

The only thing I know I can use safely is mouse traps, I'm hoping for a "low maintenance" solution I won't have to constantly be checking and re-arming or re-baiting.

Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez III
Lake Ariel, PA
CORSA member
66' Corsa 140/4 coupe
65' Corsa 140/4 coupe (under construction and almost done!)
63' Monza PG coupe (almost done!)