<VV> Unintended Acceleration - No Corvair

Joel McGregor joelsplace at earthling.net
Thu Aug 12 17:37:28 EDT 2010

My '89 Buick's cruise will hold it wide open under certain circumstances.  It isn't a big deal.  That's what brains, brakes and an ignition switch are for.  Mine is very repeatable.  If you turn on the cruise and immediately hit set it happens every time.  If you wait a half second before you hit set it's fine.  I can't tell you how many times I've had a branch or something snag a throttle cable on a dirt bike and hold it wide open.  They all had much better power to weight ratios than any car people are complaining about and it wasn't a problem with them either.  Stuff happens.  You should always be alert to what is going on.
Joel McGregor