<VV> dual MC failure question

kenpepke at juno.com kenpepke at juno.com
Fri Aug 13 15:58:56 EDT 2010

I would first check the adjustment of the rear brake shoes.  If they are too far away from the drum the master cylinder will run out of stroke before the shoes contact the drum.  The only other thing that comes to mind is a faulty master cylinder.
Ken P

"Ray \"Grymm\" Rodriguez" <vairguy at echoes.net> wrote:

A few minutes into this first test drive the brake pedal went to
the floor and I had no brakes.  I went back to the garage on just the e-brake and popped
the lid off the dual MC.  One reservoir was near empty, the other still full.  I then
looked and found that the drivers front drum had fluid coming out of it indicating a
wheel cylinder failure.  This explained the lack of front brakes and loss of fluid... but
why did I have no rear brakes?

What would cause the pedal to go to the floor without the MC losing any fluid?  I did
bleed the brakes beforehand and everything seemed normal.