<VV> more brakes: question

Dennis Pleau dpleau at wavecable.com
Fri Aug 13 20:06:55 EDT 2010

Two different issues, the reason it is so hard to turn is an adjustment
problem.

If he has a pulling problem due to contamination of the brake shoes, no
amount of adjusting will solve the problem.  It's a 63 so it should have
self adjusters, it doesn't much matter where he adjusts them they will be
adjusted properly in short order.  Actually they won't back themselves off,
so if they're too tight, they will have to wear in.

With self adjusters, I tend to set the brakes shoes loose and then do a
bunch of stops both forward and backward to properly adjust the shoes.

dp