<VV> Toyota - some Corvair - daydreaming ?

Charles Lee Chaz at ProperProper.com
Sun Aug 15 18:56:56 EDT 2010

What I posted was only the tip of the proverbial iceberg of knowledge
gleaned from learning OBD in 'self-defense' of my prior and hopefully
decreasing ignorance of such things !

You have obviously not spent as much time as I have trying to figure out the
lies told to me by mechanics about the "mysteries" of OBD, designed to "sell
up" their services from small repairs to engine rebuilds (that ended in
'vehicular car-slaughter' the dead bodies of which litter not only my
driveway, but the civil courts).

So, a natural extension of this knowledge is not only to understand why cars
a re so much more complicated, but apply that technology to my first love,
our Corvairs.

Daydream ?  I don't think so, although it may not be for the timid or
pragmatic, just those out there who may like to stretch their imagination ?

OBD and related systems are very intriguing, at least to me, even if I'm not
simply trying to be able to defend myself against mechanics who replace
entire systems, when a knowledgeable person (whom they fear intensely, but
rarely encounter), will see their deceit and replace just the cam sensor for
$23, for example instead of the entire distributor for $350, which they all
claimed was impossible, and were indignant when I suggested otherwise.

So, my suggestion to apply OBD to something meaningful to us does not mean I
have a lot of time to waste.
I definitely do not, but my brain works even when I don't consciously tell
it to think.

Sometimes I wish it wouldn't but I kind of like where it takes me, so you
have my permission to get off at the next scheduled stop (or jump just jump
off if you like ?)

Charlie