<VV> Dual M/C failures

P.H. Raker n556p at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 17 10:11:52 EDT 2010

Ken Pepke wrote:
> a Corvair with a properly functioning dual cylinder system
> should be about the same but with a little bit better stopping
> power due to its rear weight bias.

Pretty much true, Ken.

     I had the front half of my Dual M/C equipped '65 Corsa go dry on the way home from Cedar Rapids.  I noticed a slightly longer than normal pedal travel, slightly reduced brake power, and the biggest clue was that the car was flatter than normal during stopping.  It actually seemed to squat slightly at the rear rather than the front diving.
     After I stopped, refilled the reservoir, and bled the system through the M/C, all was OK with the Corvair's usual superb brakes.

Phil Raker
'65 Corsa Cpe - 140/4
'63 Greenbrier - 110/4

.