<VV> wrinkle finishes from my long lost past...

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Tue Aug 17 19:44:05 EDT 2010

i have never done any LATE model stuff. most of anything i have painted is
flat.
one thing , this type paint likes heat!  warm parts will be a better
finish. put the parts in the sun or next to the wood stove.also read the
instructions carfully. the first coat wants to set at least 15 minutes before
second coat. then walk away from it for a few hours. then do not touch it for a
day or more , it will take that long to HARDen up. after that it becomes
very tough. if you touch it to soon , it will "move".
i have done some very beat up spyder dashes, glove boxes , ash trays (FC)
with it for my cars and they look great. this was on parts that were  beyond
hope of cleaning up. the air cleaners on my truck , valve covers (rusty
junk)  and a few other parts look good (well  , lots better than  pitted ,
rusty stufff )  on my driver / fun stuff.
masking, if needed  has to be done with darn good tape. i used some  smooth
stuff i found at a dollar store. if it leaks , wait a few DAYS , then go
after it with a razor blade or scalpel. i buy disposable scalpels for things
like this , and modeling planes.
i have the body of a geezer , but still think too young!
regards, tim colson

In a message dated 8/17/2010 6:18:38 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
While on  the wrinkle paint topic, is there some kind of creative trick for
making  the silver parts silver?  Masking around curves is not much fun and
figure in your vast experience some of you *cough geezers cough* might
have
found a better way.