<VV> Repair Shop Charges; at least, in Britain ...

Bill H. gojoe283 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 18 15:19:59 EDT 2010

                                                       B"H

David:  I remember back in 1973 (I just gave away my age!) our college French
club spent a month in Paris.  My professor invited me to dinner with some
relatives of hers who had a DS series Citroen, not sure which number it was.

Absolutely the smoothest car I've been in, ever.  I don't know what they did,
but the ride was far better than even the best of the American beasts like the
Lincoln Town Car and Buick Electra.
It also had some kind of weird clutchless tranny, but I don't think it was a
full automatic.  Fluid coupling with manual change of gears, maybe?

The owner of the car acknowledged the ride, but complained that it was very
unreliable.  It took several minutes of cranking to get the motor to fire.  He
cited the 2CV as a much more reliable, albeit crude, vehicle to own...Bill
Hershkowitz 69 Monza Coupe 110 PG (with A/C)