<VV> OT-tires/maybe Corvair

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Thu Aug 19 14:09:29 EDT 2010

In a message dated 8/19/2010 12:31:17 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com writes:

The  goodyear Integrity tires that came on the car were  horrid!

The Goodyear Integrity are fleet sales tires.  The ratings look good,  but
in my experience they break away too soon.  I replaced them on two cars
with the more expensive 1)Michelin Hydro Edge and 2) Goodyear Aqua Track
(sic?).  Both of these tires are great in the wet (especially standing  water)
and wear well.  I highly recommend both the Hydro Edge and Aqua  Track--and
they are almost identically priced.  I've avoided the "high  mileage" tires
because they don't have the same grip and handling of better  tires in the
same price range.  I'll trade a few MPG for security any  time.

Bob Hall