<VV> OT: low-resistance tires?

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 19 13:52:19 EDT 2010

>You would have to calculate out if the extra $100 bucks comes out in your
>favor, financially, and it is even more important to keep the tire pressure
>to spec, or you loose the value you bought.

Which begs the question of whether the tires would actually work to
designed specs on the front of a Corvair. Oh, I guess that doesn't
matter here -- "the daily driver (modern non-vair)".

I've always been told that radials "are" the low rolling resistance
tires (compared to bias-ply) -- talk to Econo-Run winners and their 50
psi inflation pressures -- or maybe just mount four of the high pressure
mini-spares (not recommended).

Bill Strickland