<VV> OT-tires guarantees

Charles Lee Chaz at ProperProper.com
Thu Aug 19 14:06:34 EDT 2010

Even with tires that are guaranteed for xxx miles, it is just a ploy to get you to buy another set there.

I've noticed when I wear out a set, that it is cheaper to buy another set (of the same tires) someplace else, even though I don't get the "discount" there !

But 109 gallons of gas might cost $325  and the Michelins in that ad cost $400 ** more ** for a set, so where is the savings ?

Charlie

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Sethracer at aol.com
  To: Chaz at ProperProper.com ; gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com ; virtualvairs at corvair.org
  Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2010 10:33 AM
  Subject: Re: <VV> OT-tires

  In a message dated 8/19/2010 9:53:04 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, Chaz at ProperProper.com writes:
    These kinds of ads are for less-than-critical-thinkers, and people who can't
    do math, and it is their right to take advantage of people who, in school, thought:
    "Why will I ever need this crap ?"

    Business rule "Fools are fair game" (to paraphrase PT Barnum)

  Sort of like the State Lotteries - A tax on people who are bad at Math!
  also -
  A guy was arrested for stealing a winning Lottery ticket. He was charged with "Grand Theft Lotto!"

  I admit that I haven't worn out tires on a car in many years. I replace them when I see some I like better!

  Seth Emerson

  C's the Day! - Corvair, Camaro, Corvette
  San Jose, CA