<VV> Mobile ICBM Launcher (was: '70 Corvair)

Vairtec Corporation Vairtec at optonline.net
Fri Aug 20 14:15:39 EDT 2010

James P. Rice wrote:

> Years later, it became public knowledge when it was cancelled, I
> learned the project was for a mobile ICBM launcher.

I remember the comic Gallagher doing a bit about this.  He was mounting
the ICBM on top of a motorhome, and calling it ICBMW, for
Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile Winnebago.

He said that the secret to keeping the Russians from knowing the
location of our missiles was, don't tell the Russians where you are
going on vacation!

--Bob Marlow