<VV> Carb update

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Sun Aug 22 21:50:57 EDT 2010

I asked about carbs a few weeks ago on our '62 wagon 102/PG, I had built a set of '64 carbs that were good hot but the engine stalled when cold going into "D".  The replies got me headed to looking at the choke adjustment - turned out that was at least part of the problem.  Yesterday I made a couple changes:

 - 2 turns further out on the choke rods
 - an extra 1/2 turn out on the idle mixture screws (2 total)

Brenden and I just took it to (and from) baseball practice.  1/2 pump on the gas pedal, turn the key, at fired on the first turn.  30 seconds of warm up, then drop it in "R" and off we went :-)  I still have a little off idle stumble to chase down but we're pretty close now.  Thanks for the suggestions!

--Bryan