<VV> Diagnosing / fixing loose steering on 1967 Monza

deltainc deltainc at grm.net
Mon Aug 23 13:48:30 EDT 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bryan Blackwell" <bryan at skiblack.com>
Sent: Saturday, August 21, 2010 4:58 PM
Subject: Re: <VV> Diagnosing / fixing loose steering on 1967 Monza

**********
Kinda like old corvair owners;;   old corvairs need all new front end
bushings every 50 years or so ....

I did a rebush job on my liberated-from-the-junkyard 69, and WOW!  ... got
pretty close to predictable !  I would have a corvair doctor do it next
time, tho, I still have bloody stumps for fingers and kanuckles.  Dont
forget stabilizer bar bushings ( if you have such... if you do not have won,
no wander your car wonders ...   (g)   )...

Oh, and really good tires can be an amazing improvement.   ....   and if you
have good tight bushings, you can more nearly match front tire pressures to
the rear .... zipping down I80 at 80 mph on a hunnert degree day is not good
for low pressured, half flat tires... they tend to gain heat and blow up
thataway, from the distortion every rotation x 1.

just some trivia, ken campbell, rotating in Ioowuh