<VV> Diagnosing / fixing loose steering on 1967 Monza

Charles Lee Chaz at ProperProper.com
Sun Aug 22 01:40:06 EDT 2010

Thanks - I'll check the drag link and other linkage ...

It also seems the 'play' looser on the driver side - the passenger side
wheel moves nicely with steering linkage ?

Let me go check that ...

www.yourbuyersinn.com/Cars/Corvair/CorvairSteeringBox256k.wmv

Looks like the box itself is the culprit ?  Moving the steering wheel about
30 degrees causes little if any movement of the linkage.

Checking the box adjustment in the AM, but the oil leak seems to be a
potential problem ?

Thanks again
Charlie