<VV> Headlight Upgrade

Scott Howey snddrafting at charter.net
Mon Aug 23 13:58:22 EDT 2010

  I put early 90's BMW projector lights and HID bulbs/ballasts in my 65.
They are beautiful lights and I am very happy with the results. They are
allot of work to install though. I have them wired with relays to the
battery. The headlight buckets and housings have to be cut to fit the
projector lights as they are 7" deep.
I have threads on
http://www.corvairforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=252 and
http://corvaircenter.com/phorum/read.php?1,237115,page=1 showing the
mod. Honestly the LED lights coming out in the not so distant future
will accomplish nearly the same thing without cutting the car, but if
you want HID's now, there's no way unless you do what I did.

Scott Howey