<VV> Overkill/"sound" systems in our Corvairs

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Tue Aug 24 12:32:26 EDT 2010

In a message dated 8/24/2010 4:40:07 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
lechevrier at earthlink.net writes:

naw,  just "feeling" the
vibes, instead of hearing them.

;-)

Bill  Strickland

One tenant in the center I manage installs sound systems in mostly boy
racers' cars.  He has a reoccuring problem with customers complaining about
buzzing, rattling, and whistling after the systems have been installed a week
or  so.  He now reminds customers up front that his firm will not be
responsible for fasteners and interior pieces that are loosened by the six  woofer
boxes and high power amps.

It is amazing to me that some of these guys can hear at all.  I've got  a
respectable hifi system at home and a good radio in all the Corvairs, but I
still like to hear the engine now and then.  With a flatulent exhaust on an
engine whining to 8 grand on the tach and rap or reggaeton on the system I
don't  understand how they can hear anything anymore.

But then a lot of my parents friends (and my parents) didn't get James
Brown, Jimi Hendrix, Creedance and the Stones either.

Bob Hall