<VV> 110 with Dual Exhauts

eamsquared at comcast.net eamsquared at comcast.net
Wed Aug 25 07:18:28 EDT 2010

I have a 110 with PG and IECO (circa 1980) dual exhausts.  These dual exhausts are now sold by Clark's.  I also have a GM in the box set of 140 exhausts with all the hangers and hardware along with a set of 140 exhaust manifolds from Clark's.

Is it possible to install the 140 exhaust manifolds on a 110 head?  What head/exhaust manifold gaskets are required and what are the dimensions?  Clark's sent me a set when I purchased the exhaust manifolds but I want to make sure they are correct.  I know that the 110 head exhaust diameter is about 1/16 inch smaller than the 140 head exhaust ports.

I do not think that 140 mufflers can be successfully attached to 110 exhaust manifolds.  I'm told that this setup will burn out the head/muffler gaskets in a short time.  That is why I purchased to 140 exhaust manifolds.

Any advise/experience and comments would be appreciated.

Erich Meyer

Bayshore Corvair