<VV> 100 Amp Alternator Option

Bill H. gojoe283 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 25 13:23:49 EDT 2010

                                                                B"H

Bob:  Clark's sells a "high output" alternator that they list as 65 amps, but
the tech said it puts out between 80 and 100 amps.

I installed this unit and tightened the belt as you'd normally do with a Vair
fanbelt, so you can turn the alternator pulley by hand, but it makes an
impression on your finger when you.

Haven't had any problems with the unit since I installed it a couple of weeks
ago, and yes, it seems to handle A/C, an aftermarket rear defogger, headlights
and wipers all at the same time, maintaining around 13-14 volts except when
stopped at a traffic light when the system shows around 10-11V.  If I gently up
the idle with the PG in Neutral, the volts go back up to 13-14 with all the
accessories humming away, so it's definitely an improvement over the stock unit.

Bill Hershkowitz 69 Monza Coupe 110 PG A/C