<VV> Upper Head Stud - Help!

Jay Pitchford jay.pitchford at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 10:32:58 EDT 2010

OK, after much valuable input (VV and CCF), here's how we're approaching it:

Plan A = 1" long 9/16" oversize inserts from Larry Claypool. Thanks to
all those who suggested Larry, especially Bob Helt, who gave a
detailed description of what to order and how to prep them. Larry also
gave me more great advice on the studs themselves. The inserts are now
on order and will arrive tomorrow (Friday) am.

Plan B = If inserts don't work, I'll take the block to Michael Leveque
for welding/re-tap.

Plan C = start over with another block.

Many, many thanks to all that replied. I'll post an update once we've
tried Plan A!

Jay Pitchford
Columbus OH