<VV> Steering box insights ? Plus annotated GM Manuals

Charles Lee Chaz at ProperProper.com
Fri Aug 27 23:52:06 EDT 2010

Hi JR,

I do have both, and I find the narrative descriptions in Chilton are worth
keeping them.

I scanned some figures from the 1965 GM manual :
(I've annotated it as I discover things that I hope it may help me or
someone else later)

http://www.yourbuyersinn.com/Cars/Corvair/1965CorvairSteeringBoxExplodedView.jpg

I discovered the locknut on the shaft end requires a different kind of
wrench than I've been able to find ?

http://www.yourbuyersinn.com/Cars/Corvair/1967MonzaSteeringBoxAdjustmentScrewRemoval.jpg

I used to have a complete set with all supplements (several actually), but
it seems they got lost in moving to CA from NY a while back.
Wish I had them !!!!!

I only have the 1965 now, but it has been a great help !

That plus VV ...

Thanks again,
Charlie