<VV> Front Wheel Camber

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sat Aug 28 09:43:38 EDT 2010

While the shims would act the same for the late model, no one uses them
as there are eccentric adjusters on the lower control arms on lates!

An alignment guy who has worked on GM products for years would know what
size shim to start with, but I'm not that guy....

IIRC, there are two shimable bolts on the upper control arm, you change
both shim packs to vary camber, and one shim pack to vary caster. One
shim pack change would rotate the upper ball joint front or rear
relative to the lower ball joint, so that is caster, or SIA kind of.

This shim setup is common to many GM cars and trucks, even through my 96
full sized Buick Roadmaster Wagon.

Start with two 1/16" shim changes and see what happens.

Frank DuVal