<VV> Upper Head Stud - Help!

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sat Aug 28 09:49:35 EDT 2010

I read that also, but cannot see a way to remove the studs from the
block that would be any way more possible than just unscrewing the nuts.
It is possible for the nut to smash the aluminum into the gap between
the stud and head kind of locking it in place, but there are some tricks
to that problem as well.

But I wasn't there to see what was going on. So I don't know what
disaster they saw.

I have had, being here in the east also, many nuts not unscrew and bring
the studs out with them. Even a few rocker studs! That's when I started
using Vise Grips and the hot wrench to help remove just the nut.

My intent was to caution people about removing studs without a really
good reason.

Frank DuVal