<VV> valve adjustment

Charles Lee Chaz at ProperProper.com
Sat Aug 28 20:53:15 EDT 2010

I always thought that cold adjustment of valves was for when it was
disassembled, and to give a good starting point for a warm adjust.

The warm adjust might not be absolutely necessary if the cold adjust was
spot on the mark ?

When the Chevy dealer did mine and I ended up with an engine that wouldn't
even start on a cold dark November night in New York, I did them cold to get
the thing to start, then did them warm (to defrost my fingers in the process
with the warm oil spraying me)

But, if I'm not mistaken cold adjust is the place to start only if you're so
far off that it's necessary to find the 'start point' ?

Charlie