<VV> valve adjustment

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 29 12:46:09 EDT 2010

>>>But, if I'm not mistaken cold adjust is the place to start only if you're so far off that it's necessary to find the 'start point' ?

I'd agree -- on a new rebuild, you have to get the valves adjusted close
enough to get the cold engine to start, so that you can then adjust the
valves hot.

Not that it pertains to Corvairs, but I prefer to adjust solid lifter
engines hot & running, too.  Hard on feeler gauges, but works rather
well.  That's what pressure washers are for -- cleaning up the mess.

A dynamic adjustment will always be superior to a static adjustment --
the doing of it is open to debate.

Bill Strickland