<VV> Carter YH choke "blink"

Doug Mackintosh dougmackintosh at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 29 15:14:29 EDT 2010

I have read before that the Carter YH accelerator pump delivers a fuel squirt,
but that this is preceeded by enrichment delivered when the vacuum drop causes
the choke plate to "blink". I understood that the blink is caused by the vacuum
unloader briefly letting the choke close partially when the vacuum level drops.
If I have that straight, can someone explain why there would be a blink even
after fully warmed up? I would have thought that the unloader was no longer
affecting the choke position once warmed up.
 -- Doug Mackintosh
Corsa member since 1996
Corsa/NC member since 1996, Virtual Vairs member
Corvair owner 1969-1971 and 1996-on