<VV> Carter YH choke "blink"

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Sun Aug 29 15:49:24 EDT 2010

Doug, please see comments below.
Regards,
Bob Helt

In a message dated 8/29/2010 12:14:41 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
dougmackintosh at yahoo.com writes:

I have  read before that the Carter YH accelerator pump delivers a fuel
squirt,
but that this is preceeded by enrichment delivered when the vacuum drop
causes
the choke plate to "blink". I understood that the blink is caused  by the
vacuum
unloader briefly letting the choke close partially when the  vacuum level
drops.

The blink is caused not by the unloader, but by the choke pull-off. the
unloader is entirely mechanical.

If I  have that straight, can someone explain why there would be a blink
even
after fully warmed up?

What makes you think that there is a choke blink after the choke fully
opens up and is held in position by the thermostatic coil? It shouldn't happen
as far as I know. Please explain.

I would  have thought that the unloader was no longer
affecting the choke position  once warmed up.
again, you mean "pulloff" I think.

-- Doug Mackintosh

Bob Helt