<VV> Carter YH choke "blink"

Doug Mackintosh dougmackintosh at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 29 17:15:06 EDT 2010

Yes, I meant pulloff, not unloader.

As to why I think the blink happens when the choke is fully open, in a VV
response to a query about a cough on acceleration, Craig Nicol said
"Acceleration enrichment in the YH happens through the usual accelerator pump
squirt, but that is the secondary system.  The primary system is the choke
plate, which for lack of a better term, "Blinks" for a moment when the engine
vacuum drops at the sudden opening of the throttle. After that, the pump shot
occurs, which continues the enrichment." I don't think there was any suggestion
that either the problem or the cause were restricted to cold engine conditions.
-- Doug Mackintosh
Corsa member since 1996
Corsa/NC member since 1996, Virtual Vairs member
Corvair owner 1969-1971 and 1996-on