<VV> Anyone tried to adapt a modern headrest to a Corvair bucket seat?

psergeant paulsgt at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 29 23:02:32 EDT 2010

Good evening all,
I am trying to locate 66 Corvair bucket seats with headrests.   These are quite scarce (non-existent? - Have seen some in cars)  Anyway, I want to keep the Corvair seats (at least that's my line of thinking right now).   Has anyone successfully modified a Corvair bucket seat back to incorporate a modern bucket seat head rest?   I imagine some cutting/welding would be required but has anyone here tried something like that???

Comments/opinions welcome!

Thanks!

Paul Sergeant
65 Monza Convertible (110/PG)
61 Pontiac Tempest Safari Wagon
Coming soon...66 Corsa Coupe (140/4) 28,000 mile barn find.

CORSA since 1975
Member - Corvair Minnesota, CORSA, POCI, Little Indians.