<VV> Home from Detroit

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Mon Aug 30 19:49:57 EDT 2010

Hi folks,

We are back too, it was a great event this year - I heard 121 registrations.  Lots of great cars, the DACC were wonderful hosts, the hotel was most agreeable, and the weather was excellent.  A few highlights:

 - The GM Heritage Center.  This was the highlight of the weekend, seeing those cars in person was a real treat, and getting to look them over with other Corvair enthusiasts was just the best.

 - Ray R. had to twist my arm (not!) to take his car out, he wanted a second opinion on how his car ran.  My answer was 'Can I drive?'  Yeah, it was fun :-)

There were several cars I had heard about that I got to see for the first time - the Inman's EO coupe, Paul Siano's Corv-8, Phil Raker's Corsa, and Pete Koehler's '60 (he brought 3 to choose from).

I spent an hour or so catching up with Frank Parker about his latest project.  Yes, it's really cool.  Dave Binnie has a neat engine to go in his gorgeous black Corsa, it'll be interesting to hear more about that one too.

We got some great deals at the swap meet, all the Corvairs are happy since we brought something home for each of them.  After giving me a great deal on some parts, I got some great ideas during dinner with Bob Storc.  Hopefully more on that later.

And lots more - getting to see the Corvair folks I knew and the ones just met and talk Corvairs was excellent.  Thanks to DACC for putting on a terrific event!

--Bryan (I will not buy any parts for Corvairs I don't already own)

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
http://autoxer.skiblack.com/
  Corvairs: '62 700 Wagon, '64 Greenbrier, '65 Corsa, '66 Corsa