<VV> OIL PRESSURE AND "OOOPS"

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Mon Aug 30 18:45:11 EDT 2010

the oops is , gotta ask for permission to post that VCCA page on
website...sorry i forgot.

oil pressure: i use a Clark's adapta bolt with a gauge on it when first
running my motors. look for a gauge with a center feed , offset feeds cause
slight problems hitting on generator or alternator pully when removing
.seeing  about 20lbs hot at idle , no more than 50lbs hot unless modified the
relief  spring, which i do not do often. i feel for street uses , the stock
pressures  should be fine , and with my luck , adding pressure will cause issues.
i do not leave the gauge on permanently , because if a belt breaks , it
makes a mess of broken glass and oil....yup i had it happen once years  ago.
regards, tim colson