<VV> VCCA MEET "FLINT OR BUST"

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Mon Aug 30 18:28:55 EDT 2010

i have the promo page and bumper sticker scanned as a JPEG photo.
i am sure it will be on the CNYCC website very soon.
_www.cnycorvair.com_ (http://www.cnycorvair.com)

today i started up my latest new motor package (4 carbs). no fuss , no muss
 , it started smooth and nice.
adjusted valves static  cold , then tweaked them hot thru my homemade
valve covers with holes over the adjusting nuts. very little mess , even with a
few higher rpm hits. i feel this is the best way , especially when dealing
with  used lifters / cams .i also like to watch flames from exhaust ports
for a final  tweak. they should be even colors when you do a quick goose of
the  throttle.
i am running 2 late primary , and 2 61 bowls with 65 140 secondary covers.
this gives me idle circuits that all work. no lockouts are involved. i am
still  finishing a lot of small details. the motor sounds very peppy on the
table.
covers are easy to make , i set a head on one , then ran a punch thru each
rocker bolt hole.  then a chassis punch to finish them off.
the latest motor with these "test covers" on it is on the web site.
flame suits are on.  25 lb extinguisher nearby (but i cant lift  it!)
regards, tim colson